Economist Joseph Stiglitz Talks Shared Prosperity at the 2013 AFL-CIO Convention

September 10, 2013

You all know the facts, said economist Joseph Stiglitz, addressing the 2013 AFL-CIO Convention delegates. America's workers productivity has soared, yet wages have stagnated. 

"You've worked hard since 1979, your output per hour has increased 40%, but pay has barely increased," said Stiglitz. "The Great Recession has made things worse....95% of the gains from 2009 to 2012 went to the upper 1%. The rest, the 99%, never recovered."

Previous Article
Women Come Together to Talk About Building a Movement at the 2013 AFL-CIO Convention
Women Come Together to Talk About Building a Movement at the 2013 AFL-CIO Convention

Last night, women of the labor movement came together to talk about creating a movement...

Next Article
AFL-CIO Convention 2013 Live Blog: Day 3
AFL-CIO Convention 2013 Live Blog: Day 3

Welcome to the 2013 AFL-CIO Convention live blog. Comments will appear after moderation. See...